Frequently Asked Questions
1. What ingredients are in the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
The only two ingredients in the Don't Bite Me! Patch are Vitamin B1 and Aloe.
2. How long does one patch last?
One patch can last up to 36 hours, depending on how your body metabolizes Vitamin B1 & Aloe.
3. Can I take off the patch and reapply it later?
No. The patch needs to remain on once it is applied. It is designed for single use only.
4. Is it safe to use the patch every single day during the summer?
Yes. Vitamin B1 is a water soluble vitamin and will be excreted through your pores and urine. There are no know toxicity levels for vitamin b1 at this time.
5. Is the patch safe for use on children?
Yes, because the patch only contains Vitamin B1 and Aloe, it is safe for use on children.
6. How old should my child be to use the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
We recommend two years and over. If you would like to use the patch on a younger child, please provide a copy of our manufacturer safety and data sheet to your physician for review.
7. What scientific evidence is there to support that Vitamin B1 works?
Some studies suggest that taking thiamine (Vitamin B1) 25mg to 50 mg three times per day(orally) is effective in reducing mosquito bites. Thiamine produces a skin odor that is not detectable by humans, but is disagreeable to pregnant mosquitoes (Pediatric Clinics of North America, 16:191, 1969). It seems to be especially effective for those people with large allergic reactions to bites. When taken orally, thiamine takes about 2 weeks before the odor fully saturates the skin, however, with the patch, it only takes two hours.
8. Is the Don't Bite Me! Patch safe for pregnant and nursing women?
Thiamine is U.S. Food and Drug Administration Pregnancy Category C which means that there has not been enough research on vitamin b1 to form an opinion. Please consult your physician before using if you are pregnant or lactating.
9. Does the Don't Bite Me! Patch work for everyone?
We find that the patch works for about 8 out of 10 people who use the product. Because the patch works systemically, it all depends on how your body processes vitamin b1. Some people may require more than one patch for the product to work effectively for them.
10. When should I apply the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
The patch needs to be applied at least two hours prior to enjoying time outdoors. You can even put it on the night before!
11. Where should I apply the Don't Bite Me! Patch on my body?
We recommend four places on your body to apply the Don't Bite Me! Patch: Your rear, hip, shoulder blade or the outside of the upper arm (shoulder area). We do not recommend applying the patch to the inner arm. You should alternate locations of the patch on your body from use to use.
12. Can I just take Vitamin B1 pills instead of using the patch?
Yes, you can, although it will take longer to obtain the same results. You need to take 50 Mg's, twice a day for two weeks to accomplish the same thing the Don't Bite Me! Patch will accomplish in two hours. The patch is quicker because it bypasses the digestive tract, where the vitamin b1 can be broken down and lose efficiency.
13. Are there any side effects from using the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
Thiamine is generally considered safe and relatively nontoxic, even at high doses. Dermatitis or more serious hypersensitivity reactions occur rarely. If you have a skin reaction to the patch, apply Benadryl (or hydrocortisone cream) and it should improve shortly.
14. I'm allergic to adhesive, can I use the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
We do not recommend using our product if you are or ever have been sensitive to adhesive contained in other bandage or patch products.
15. Can I shower or go swimming while wearing the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
Yes. The patch is waterproof and will stay on while you are in the shower, bathtub, swimming pool or other bodies of water.
16. Should I wear two patches?
We recommend you wear two patches if your are: over 200 lbs, smoke, drink, are on birth control pills or have any other condition that diminishes thiamine absorption (see product ingredients page).
17. Is there a money back guarantee?
No. We offer a free sample to try before you by. As a result, we do not offer your money back after purchasing our product.
18. How do I get a free sample of the Don't Bite Me! Patch?
Go to our Contact Us page and enter your Name, Address, email address and phone number and we will send you a sample via USPS mail.
19. Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship internationally. Shipping charges are a little more to allow for the differences in shipping prices. Orders may take longer to receive due to additional time clearing your country's customs department. i.e. Canadian orders can take up to two weeks to receive. We ship daily. For European orders please visit www.dontbitemepatch.co.uk
20. How long will it take to get my order?
We ship daily via USPS from the UK delivery time 5-10 days days. Expedited shipping is available at your request.